Participants are advised to read the following Important Notice, Terms & Conditions and Official Rules carefully before the race. Participants are advised to solicit medical advice from doctor if they are in doubt of their health condition prior to taking part in the race. The following Terms & Conditions and Official Rules are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable Indonesian National Association of Athletics Federation regulations.
All entry fees are non-refundable and the Organizer retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
- Registration can be made through www.balimarathon.com. Official Receipt will be sent through your e-mail address after you have completed all registration requirements.
- If you do not receive the Official Receipt by 5 days after your registration, please Contact Us.
- Participant is required to provide correct and accurate information when performing registration (including date of birth). A participation can be cancelled if data provided to the Organizer is not accurate. Inaccurate information may also result in cancelation of result and prize money.
- Successful participants MUST collect their race bib number, cloths, timing chips and souvenirs ("Race Pack") (in person or via an authorized person) by presenting the copy of Official Receipt and identity card (as stated in the official receipt). Please see section on Race Pack Collection Expo for Detail on venue and time for collection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full Marathon participants must be 18 years old or above. Half Marathon participant must be 17 years old or above. 10km participant must be 12 years old or above. The Organizer has the right to verify age of participants before, during and after the race. Any exceptions to this must be authorized by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the race quota is full.
- Entry forms will only be processed upon receipt of full payment of entry fee
- The transfer and/or sale of a race registration is not permitted. The organizer is entitled to cancel the registration should there are any indication of transfer and/or sale of race registration.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without reason.
- The Organizer reserves the right to contact and to interview applicants by phone or otherwise for additional information required for matters relating to their applications.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entries for once the entry is accepted if any applicants who provide false information, do not make the required payment, or fail to meet entry requirements as stated in the entry form.
- Should the event be cancelled due to circumstance beyond the control of the Organizer (including the heavy rain, thunder storm or disaster, public rally), no refund of the entry fee will be made and the Organizer shall have no further responsibility and/or liability thereafter.
- Running is not a ‘free risk’ sport and therefore each runner must ensure his/her health condition is fit before participating and during in the race. Each runner shall be responsible with his/her own health/condition. The Organizer shall be responsible for personal injury or death during or after the race as direct result of gross negligence of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disallow/ disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event. Should a runner get injured during the race, on case by case basis as recommended by medical team as appointed by the Organizer to monitor the race, such runner may be treated in hospital as designated by the Organizer with a treatment cost not exceeding the amount agreed by the Organizer and the relevant hospital.
- The Organizer also reserves the right to disqualify any person and / or nullify his or her result for any violation, breach or non-observance of any International Association of Athletics Federations
- Entry categories and timing chip are non-transferable.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any person from competition who gives incorrect personal data / details on the entry form, or who is suspected of having taken banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be arranged.
- No result will be given to participants who do not start in the race time assigned to them by the Organizer.
- Participants must retire from the race immediately, if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical staff, race director, umpire and / or security officers / marshals.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport, e.g. wheel chairs (except designated wheelchairs for the Wheelchair events approved by the organizer), bicycles, skates, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, etc. are allowed on the course.
- Participants are not allowed to run with babies or children who are under aged 16 and unregistered runners.
- In order to ensure the re-opening of roads to normal traffic by 12:00 pm Bali Time, the Organizer will designate cut off times at specified locations. Runners failing to reach these specific locations within times specified must stop their races and board the official buses when asked by the Organizer. The buses or other designated vehicle will take these runners back to the Finish venue.
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions, order or instruction of the event official, umpire or marshal (collectively "Officials"), or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to Officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event by the Officials.
- Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race ("cutting the course") shall be immediately disqualified from the event.
- Any person who participates in the event without a current official event bib number or timing chip not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from the event. Participant must put his bib at the front side of his/her shirt.
- No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants or approved by the Organizer. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event nor has been approved by the Organizer.
- A hands-on medical examination during the progress of an event by officially designated medical personnel shall not be considered assistance and will not result in disqualification if participant is deemed medically fit. If a participant becomes ill during or after the Event and/or receive medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff, or any doctor or hospital, they must authorize such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the Organizer or others authorized by him.
- Each participant are assigned a chip timing device. Participant must follow procedure to wear the timing chip in accordance with guidance as determined by the Organizer.
- Clock time (gun time) is the official time for top prizes.
- Official times for mass participants in will be the electronic timing device time (chip or net time) from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
- Participant must wear their assigned timing device continuously from start line to finish line, to receive an accurate finish time.
- Participant chip or net times greater than the event time requirement will not be recognized as official.
- Participant found to be wearing two or more timing devices during the race will be disqualified and their results will not be recorded.
- Participant with missing timing device times at official checkpoints will be disqualified.
- Participant must begin the event after the designated start time.
- Participant must wear their bib number on the chest.
- In certain case, due to technical error, the timing chip cannot be detected by chip censor thus the Participant’s timing cannot be recorded.
- Only winner of the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10km will be entitled to compete for awards/prize. The Prize is subject to tax in accordance with the applicable laws.
- For prize winners, or potential prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made at the Finish within 30 minutes of the published results on the results board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- The Organizer may perform drug test to the participants. All prize money to the winner is subject to the completion of doping test if required by the Organizer. The title shall be revoke if winner fail to satisfy the doping test.
- Prize money will be given in Indonesia Rupiah currency.
- Winner and prize money will be based on gun-time (not net-time).
- A winner shall only be entitled to win in one category/class. Should a runner win in more than one class, such winner will be given 1 prize money (the highest prize money).
- Prize for the Open Category can be given to Non-Indonesian or Indonesian or Indonesian with age of 40 years old or older.
Prize for the Indonesian category can be given to Indonesian or Indonesian with age of 40 years old or older.
Prize for the Master Category can given only be Indonesian with age of more than 40 years old or more.
- Organizer reserves the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
- Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published by the Organizer.
- Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.
Participant hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue and forever discharge active and all other persons associated with the event, for all liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that the Participant may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with the participant’s registration and/or participation in the MAYBANK BALI MARATHON.
The Organizer, its subsidiaries/, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors shall not be liable to the Participant for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
Subject to the above condition, the Participant agree that active's maximum liability to the Participant, for any reason or cause whatsoever, shall not exceed the total amount of monies received by active from the Participant.